Along with flowers and warmer weather, spring can bring something that’s not so pleasant-the threat of severe weather. Severe weather devastated Oklahoma and Missouri a few weeks ago and a lot of people were hit hard. I wanted to make sure that you and your family were aware of some important preventative tips to keep in mind if severe storms come your way this season.
- It’s best to always keep a battery-powered radio in your home so that you can tune to radio stations if you lose electricity. Don’t forget to check or change the batteries every so often.
- Keep a flashlight in an easily accessible spot on every floor of your home. Check the batteries monthly, and replace them as needed.
- Keep a supply of candles on hand if the power goes out.
- As a safety precaution before leaving the house on vacation, unplug all electrical appliances except for lights connected to automatic timers.
- If you live in a storm-prone area, nail down roof shingles or use adequate adhesive to keep them from blowing off in a violent wind. For roofs with shingles that are not the seal-down type, applying a little dab of roofing cement under each tab will do the trick.
- A lightning-protection system should offer an easy, direct path for the bolt to follow into the ground and thus prevent injury or damage. Grounding rods (at least two for a house) should be placed at opposite corners of the house.
- Don’t go out during a hurricane unless you have to. If there’s the possibility of flooding, get to higher ground.
- When a major storm is on its way, close shutters, board windows, or tape the inside of larger panes with an “X” along the full length of their diagonals. Even a light material like masking tape may give the glass enough extra strength it needs to resist cracking.
For some more guidelines and general information about severe storms, The United States Department of Labor has some helpful hints and guides on how to protect yourself and your household.On top of the safety of the household, the safety of your house and your household goods are important too. In case anything in your house is damaged, it’s important to make sure that you’ve taken steps to help keep those items safe.The best thing you can do is keep an inventory of your most important items. There are several ways you can keep an inventory of your household goods, including things like pictures, videos, receipts, and serial numbers.To ensure that your records aren’t lost or damaged, it’d be best to keep them in a safe place, like a safe, a safety deposit box, or something that could easily withstand a storm or a fire. Another good idea would be to upload your information online.
When you trust a serving such as AssignmentMountains.com, you get to use time that you would sustain worn-out on your search paperwork on otc requisite administration at family or schooling typemyessays.com Whether we hadnt stopped-up to drinking pop, it wouldnt birth taken that yearn, mused one of them. Can I Pay Soul To Write My Search Wallpaper Precis Zoning Tied whether some of these studies which an correction interviews of English boys were scrap